Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

My Dad!


I am writing to keep everyone posted on my dad's health. Daddy was diagnosed with stomach cancer in September. He spent 6 days in Princeton (WV) Hospital and 8 days in Winston Salem, NC at Bowman Gray Hospital. On the 29th of September, he started radiation treatments to stop the internal bleeding from the mass. He has to have 30 treatments, 5 days a week. Today, he is half way through.

On October 6th, he had a PET scan. It showed cancer on his liver too.

The amazing thing is, he has no pain and is eating well everyday!

In 1954, Daddy had 80% of his stomach removed due to bleeding ulcers. (The only thing I remember is knowing that Daddy was sick. I remember being in a car in the Welch hospital parking lot for hours with my uncle, and Dawn, my sister, was a baby. I was 2!) The doctors' told Daddy there was no way he could live with 20% of his stomach. Daddy told his doctor that he would outlive him. He did!

The mass is where the surgery reattached the small intestines. I guess after 56 years, we can't complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment